Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 5, and seeing a little progress

Wow, what a difference a week can make. For the last 2 days my ankles have not been swollen at night or in the morning. I’ve really been watching the caffeine & sodium, namely Diet Dr. Pepper and Coke Zero, and I have greatly increased my intake of water. All I noticed the first few days was just more frequent trips to the bathroom, but now it’s paying off.




Casey and I tried to walk tonight, and I realized my shoes are NOT the best walking shoes, after ½ a mile my shins were really hurting and I knew I was headed toward shin splints. (Ouch!) My next purchase will be a really good pair of walking shoes. I want to go to Footlocker (I think that’s the place) where they have you step on a special treadmill and it shows exactly how your weight lands on your foot. It’s supposed to really help by having the cushioning in all the right places instead of all the wrong places. It’s pretty bad when I can speed walk in a pair of Clark’s mules better than I can in cross trainers!
Tomorrow, instead of walking, we’re going to break out the “Dancing with the Stars” workout. I’m really looking forward to this one, I think it should be fun and not feel like exercise. Who knows, I may make it on the show someday. (Hey, if Kate Gosselin can do it why can’t I?)

I thought I would really have some witty observations tonight, but it’s not happening. We did have a little excitement this afternoon. The walls started shaking and pictures started rattling, and I went outside on the deck just in time to see 4 huge Chinook military helicopters fly over. The kids were in the basement and ran upstairs telling me the pictures on the walls were shaking down there, too. Cool! Logan was a little disappointed that he didn’t get to see them closer, but if he had been a little quicker he would have. Chris guessed they were only about 50 feet above the house. In all the excitement, I forgot to grab my camera…but if they were on some big secret military op they might have confiscated it and since I have a wedding to shoot on April 10th, it’s a good thing I didn’t.

So that’s it for today. Tune in tomorrow when we hear Sharmin say, “What I wouldn’t give for a big bowl of ice cream.”

No comments: