Sunday, August 9, 2009

Farewell, summer.



I'm a little sad tonight, this is the official end to my summer break from school. Tomorrow I have mentor training and then the teachers head back to school. Even though I enjoy being home with the boys during the summer, beginning a new year is always exciting for me, too. I'm looking forward to seeing the kids...most of them, anyway, and see what kind of summers they've had.

I know God has a plan for all of us, just like Doc's testimony this morning. God's plan for him was the medical field, and I know I'm supposed to be a teacher. I love being in the classroom, I love seeing that lightbulb go off when a child finally "gets" it, or maybe I'm just addicted to the smell of brand new school supplies!

Now, I know how boring a blog post can be without pictures or a fun little slide show, so here is a little background about my photos for this post. Yesterday Chris was going out the back door, when he turned and said, "Come here! There are twins in the yard!" I grabbed my camera and slipped out through the garage and got a few great shots of these cute little twins who are just beginning to lose their spots. I was afraid the dogs might try to chase them away, but they were stretched out, snoozing on the garage floor. I love our lazy dogs!

No comments: