Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New beginnings


My crazy child riding a ride I'd call "Ring of Death" instead of "Ring of Fire"...maybe ring of junky metal thrown together and held in place by a paper clip?


L's daycare buddies.


Logan's table in his classroom.

Tomorrow (8/19) begins the new school year for both boys. Logan told me tonight that tomorrow he wouldn't be a preschooler anymore, he would be a big Kindergarten boy. I can't believe it! Last night was open house at school, so we took all his supplies, found his table and cubby, and met some new friends. He's so excited because one of his best friends is in the same class. They have been together since they were little babies in the same daycare. It's funny, there were 3 from the daycare going to our school, and all 3 of them got in the same class.

Austin will start 8th grade tomorrow. He has Algebra I this year! I think I remember having Algebra in 10th or 11th grade! Kids are just so much smarter these days. I had to include a little photo montage of one of the things he rode at the county fair. I don't think you could have paid me enough to get me on this ride, but he thought it was great!

I just realized this will be my 13th year of teaching, too. It doesn't seem that long, but I guess time flies when you are having fun. I'm looking forward to the new year, it will be a challenge, but I love a challenge. My classroom is 95% ready, just have to get a few more lesson plans figured out, but the first week we don't get much accomplished, anyway, so I'm not going to sweat it!

Don't forget to pray for the kids as they go back to school, pray for the teachers and administration that we may examples of God's love; pray for protection and guidance. Tomorrow is an exciting day!

2 comments:

In His Army said...

Mom and I talked yesterday about Logan starting kindergarten...hope it was a good day! Did Ray Barker take him ;)... Hope Austin had a first great day too and that Casey is doing well...miss all of you guys! Hope to see you soon.

The Garners said...

I hope y'all have a great school year!! I can't believe the kids are starting kindergarten! Seems like we just had their baby showers!

I saw Gary and Alana at school the first day...Rhett has the teacher that Lily had and Alana said she loved her...very encouraging! Exciting days ahead.