Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's 5 O'clock somewhere....

….and I don’t mean 5 PM! This morning I hit the wall. The last couple of weeks have been great, I wake up around 4:25 am about 5 minutes before my alarm goes off, hop out of bed, grab coffee, and head to the gym, but this morning I was NOT so cheerful. I heard my alarm at 4:30, which annoyed me, but to make it worse Chris nudged me and said, “Your alarm is going off.” To which I replied, “I HEARD it!” , but it was not in a loving, thank-you-for-the-sweet-reminder kind of way. Then he promptly rolled over and went back to sleep. Brat! I wanted to shove him off his side of the bed and tap dance on his head.


Did I mention I’ve never really been a morning person? I thought I was changing, but it’s hard to fight 44 years of training. Oh, and I was freezing because he had hogged all the covers which were in a pile on the floor on HIS side of the bed. Maybe he wasn’t really asleep, maybe he was just playing possum because he knew I was cranky???? Okay, I was more than a little cranky and the sinus headache didn’t help. I almost decided to skip the 5 am workout this morning, but I just refilled the coffee mug, changed into the workout clothes, and dragged myself out the door. It was raining, too. Lovely! A rainy day; the best kind morning to stay home and sleep. Grumble, grumble, grumble!

In spite of a headache, I did manage a little while on the elliptical, bicycle, and 30 minutes of circuit training, but this morning my heart (or head….and body) were just not in it, but I’ve always heard the first time you miss it just gets easier from there, so I did it. I guess I wasn’t the only one who felt that way, because there were only 3 of us rather than the 8 or 9 who are usually there before daylight…I think we should get a gold star…or cheesecake…
Usually working out makes me feel better, but this morning was a different story. I got home before Chris left, and I flopped across the bed. I think he knew I was cranky because he was being very nice to me. It made me feel guilty so I confessed that I wanted to tap dance on his head when he mentioned the alarm. He laughed…he didn’t even remember hearing the alarm or talking to me. Sound sleepers really annoy me, too.

Anyway, it’s noon and I think my students know something’s up because they’re being very good today….gasp! As for the mood, it’s still gray like the sky outside, I think I’ve even had the occasional rumble of thunder (7th grade boys, ‘nuff said); there may even be lightning before the day is over, too. (I have a whole class of boys 7th hour) I thought about going back for Zumba at 6 tonight, but I think I may just go back to bed instead…..

Oh well, tomorrow is yoga at 5 am and I’ll be in a better mood. I like yoga….I don’t like to sweat!

2 comments:

mosey said...

I just learned on Tuesday that boiling water, putting in camomile leaves and breathing the steam from that under a towel until your sinuses open up a little, then toss an onion (diced) that has been sitting for about 5 or 10 minutes into the same water will actually CLEAR a sinus infection/headache.. Tried it today for the first time and I'm not stuffy anymore at all. My headache is ALMOST gone.

Thinkie said...

yay, you did it! I have learned to sleep trough our alarmclock :-)