Sunday, February 10, 2013

Resolutions


A few months ago I picked up a little box of cards at the Lifeway Store.  The cards go along with the movie Courageous and are resolution cards for women.  This has been a really crappy week (or six) and after John's sermon series this morning on new beginnings, I was happy to find these little devotional cards.  It's part of my new beginning and I am going to do my best to blog each of the 40 days of devotions along with my personal feelings for that particular card/devotion.  

If I needed further proof that God knows exactly where I am, this little card was it.  Honestly, it made me nervous.  I wanted to stick this card in the middle of the deck and deal with it another day, but this is the one I need right this moment.




Memory Verse:  "True godliness with contentment is itself great wealth."  1 Timothy 6:6
I read the card and said, "Really?"  Why do I want to celebrate this season of life when it's one of the crappy ones?  Right now there is NOTHING I feel like celebrating.  I feel like a pressure cooker ready to blow, seriously!  I don't dare ask God what else because I'm afraid there will be something else!  This is going to be really hard for me to celebrate, but I am trying to see the positives.  Although, if someone tells me, "That which does not kill us makes us stronger!" may find out exactly how strong a right hook I have.    I'm looking for something profound and spiritual to say right now, but I've got nothing.  I know I should embrace the trials; I know the Puritans thought the worse the trials the more honor, but I'm not a Puritan...I'm a Baptist and I don't like struggles and trials.  I want things to go smoothly.  I want the house to be filled with joy, and love, and laughter....but that isn't the season we're in right now.  Right now it's stress, and silence, and fear....and I don't know what to do to fix it.  

All I know to do at this season of life is pray.  I pray that I will hear God's voice, and I will listen to His wisdom, and He will make it better and carry us into a season of joy.

No comments: