Saturday, January 26, 2008

A new challenge

Today at the ladies luncheon at church I recieved a new challenge. We were discussing the importance of leaving your legacy, your life, how you came to know Christ, your thoughts on marriage, birth of your children, etc. I told Sandy, our pastor's wife, that I had started working on a journal/scrapbook about leaving my legacy, so she asked me if I'd like to lead a class of women in doing that. I was a little surprised, but I feel like this is something I am supposed to do. I have a soft spot for women's ministry and am excited about stepping out in that direction.

I was inspired by a speaker at a women's conference who lost her mother to breast cancer. The girl was only 7 and doesn't have that many memories of her mother. She knows her mother was a Christian, but has no idea how she came to know Christ. She doesn't even know what her mother's handwriting looked like. Little things that we sometimes take for granted are things she never had.

The more I thought about it, the more determined I became to write down these stories for my children, and grandchildren (some day....in a few years). I want them to know who I was, what was important to me, and what my hopes and dreams for them were. It's important to leave a legacy, and what could be better than a legacy of faith?

Are you leaving a legacy? You should. If you don't know where to begin just call me or email me and I'll help you get started. It's important. You never know when your story might just reach someone and bring them into the God's Kingdom.

No comments: