Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow day, glorious snow day!






Maybe I've been secretly wishing for snow, but last night when I went to bed I would have sworn the weather guy was nuts. In fact, when I woke up at 4:15 (not by choice) there wasn't a thing on the ground. When the school secretary called at 5:45 and told Chris we weren't having school I just thought we were jumping the gun a little. Around 7:00 am it started snowing just a little, but I didn't get too concerned and told Casey to drive her car on to work, just be careful, had I only known! Shortly after 8:30 it really started snowing, then Chris called to tell me he needed something from the lock box at the bank. I thought, "no problem", I'll just load the boys up now and go get our business taken care of then get home before it gets too bad. WRONG! It was already bad, I just didn't know it until I was already on the road. I'm not one to take chances (anymore) on snow, so I had 4WD engaged on our dirt road. I just knew when I hit Highway 62 I wouldn't need it anymore. Wrong again! At 9:30 this morning there had been nothing done to 62 and it was a mess! After going a few hundred feet I decided I'd go back into 4WD, which was just God looking out for me, because I asked Him to take care of us before we ever left the driveway. I was headed up a hill going into Salem and the truck got sideways in the road. Austin, the 11 year old, said, "Mom, why did you do that?" I assured him it wasn't my idea, and Logan was yelling, "Do it again, do it again!" Never listen to a 3 year old. We slid into the bank, took care of our business, made a side trip to Sonic (mainly so Logan would be quiet on the way home and I could concentrate on the roads), then creeped home.

Now, with all this said, one thing you should know about me is that my camera goes with me almost everywhere, so I did manage to get a few pictures of the lovely weather we're having. I took the one from Sonic "hop thru", and Austin took the one on the dirt road. The one of the boys just shows the excitement on their faces at finally having enough snow to throw snowballs at each other. I guess it has been a pretty good day.

3 comments:

Sharmin said...

Okay, just to update anyone who was wondering, Casey made it home without any trouble. The road crews finally decided they should work on the major artery going across north Arkansas and sent snowplows out.

Heather said...

LOL. No one ever plows my road! Y'all are luuuucky!! I am glad Casey made it home safely.

The Garners said...

I'm still hoping for one or two snow days here. Rhett would love it! It looks like the boys had fun!