Friday, November 19, 2010

....I will trust in Thee.

This has been another trying week. So many things have happened that I just don't feel prepared or ready for, but I can't forget to rely on the One who holds the future and knows what is the best. (I need one of those rubber bracelets that say F.R.O.G - Fully Rely On God) With that said, I seriously think the ADD is working overtime tonight because I can't focus on anything! I will be surprised if this post makes any sense at all, so overlook the errors, and follow the bouncing ball....or thoughts, in my case.
My week began suddenly at 6:30 am. My grandmother called and said she was in pain and needed me, so I threw on some clothes, jumped in the Yukon, and lit out for Flippin (yes, that is a town in Arkansas). I took her to the ER, but when asked if she was still in pain or had been in pain she politely told the nurse, "Oh, no, Honey, I'm not in pain." As the day progressed, she told several other stories that just left me shaking my head, but also with the realization that I will have some very difficult decisions to make, and it looks like those will be sooner rather than later. It breaks my heart to see those I love dealing with problems such as this. I wish there was something I could do to make it better, but I can't. Living an hour away doesn't appease the guilt any, either. I can't check on her as often as I'd like, but I do try to call her every morning. If you read my blog (one of the 5 or 6 who do?), live anywhere near Flippin, and know of a senior care service, please let me know. I wish I could find someone to drop in on her for a couple of hours a day just to visit and make sure she is okay. As for her health, it's remarkably well for an 89 year old woman. She takes no daily meds, which is amazing. Oh, and our little trip to the ER, I think it was more of a panic attack than anything else, but things were straightened out and she was home by mid afternoon.  Just pray for us.

We were out of school on Monday (huge blessing), and I got to have lunch with one of my very best friends, ever. Shirley and I have been BFF's since the 6th grade, and it was so great to see her. So here's the scoop, if you are looking for a great Italian place there's a new one in Mtn. Home; 870 Bistro. Homemade pastas, wonderful crusty breads, and deliciousness everywhere! I don't know the chef, but I could eat that pasta every day. YUM!
Tuesday & Wednesday were just normal school days....if any school day is normal, but Thursday, oh honey hush! Can you say FUN! I took a small group of girls to Memphis to tour the Memphis College of Art. Yes, I had heart palpitations when I walked in and saw the abundance of studio space, art supplies, and depth of creativity. I wanted to hide somewhere, and when everyone left for the night, sneak out and make ART all night long. My mansion in Heaven is going to look like a giant Art supply store with glorious natural light, and an abundance of studio space....oh, and canvases that are already stretched for me so I don't have to do that part...I don't really like that part.

We ate lunch at the Hardrock Cafe (I had 5 teenaged girls, there was no other option), and took a few pictures while in there. Carl Perkins's guitar is hanging on one of those walls, and it's BLUE, how appropriate since he did write Blue Suede Shoes. Because it was in Memphis, there was an abundance of Elvis memorabilia, too. Elvis, you could sing, but your taste in clothing left much to be desired; you erred on the side of gaudy, and I like bling, so you know it must have been a little over-the-top. Maybe it was all the gold and I'm more of a silver girl.

Elvis's belt.  He must have been really strong to carry that much gold around his waist...kind of reminds me of a boxing title belt.  World heavy weight champion?  It was all those peanut butter & banana sandwiches.

MCA's school van.  I wonder if Mr. May would let me paint one of our school buses with a really cool design like this?  The trash cans were even painted...LOOOOOVE IT!  (Imagine the voice of Weezy from PBSkids Dragon Tales)


Steph is just one of those people who see humor in everything.  I saw the words Shuttle Pick Up, she saw SHUTtle pickUP.  We had fun, I laughed so hard a few times I thought I was going to have to stop and buy some Depends!
Tomorrow is a day of Christmas shopping, so I should take my ADD riddled brain to bed.  Nitey Nite.

1 comment:

Judy Johnson said...

You can always make me smile with your posts! I feel like I am there as things are going on!