Tuesday, May 20, 2014

How about a praise?

A few weeks ago I blogged about a sweet girl from our church, Charolete, who was battling cancer.

Wish I could be this gorgeous with no hair!  
Please note that I said WAS battling cancer.  Though I'm 2 or 3 weeks behind posting in on here, Charolete finally got the news that she has, once again, kicked cancer's tail.  Her last doctor visit shows that she is now CANCER FREE!  (can I get an amen?!!)  Throughout her ordeal, she always had that smile on her face, even on days you knew she probably didn't feel like smiling.  She is such an example of faithfulness.

Now, I ask you to pray for another friend, Racheal.  She, too, is currently in the same fight, but her faith has never wavered (at least not that we can see).  I truly believe that God is going to heal her body and remove this hateful disease so Racheal can enjoy her family.  She is an inspiration, though she would probably try to disagree.  I admire Racheal and the faith she and husband, Jamie, exhibit.  Ever faithful.
Please join me in praying for victory over cancer for Racheal.

"For we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."  Romans 8:28

I swiped this from Racheal's Facebook….I hope she doesn't care! 

I believe that God is still in the business of miracles.  We won't always see them, but He knows all things.  I also believe all things…even the bad stuff…happens for a purpose and He can use our trials and valleys in a great and mighty way.

I know this.  I have seen it in my own life and in the lives of friends.  (maybe sharing their stories is something I should consider)   He will never leave us or forsake us.  He promised.  He NEVER breaks a promise.

On days when you wonder if the sun will ever shine again, don't give up.  Hope in the Lord is a gift from heaven…a gift from Him.  Cling tightly to hope no matter the circumstance.

No comments: