Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 4

Score one for me, a major hurdle in the battle of the bulge.  Austin had shooting practice this afternoon, and was thirsty when I picked him up.  We made a quick trip by the convenience store, and I made the conscious decision NOT to grab a snack along with him.  I did have a Coke Zero, and after a week without one, it was magical.  I"ve nursed it all afternoon and still have a little left.  It's like desert in a bottle! (ha)

For supper I decided to break out one of my old recipes; it was so good I wonder why I hadn't made it in a while.  It's my variation on stir fry.  Lean chicken, fresh broccoli, carrots, and bell peppers, (sauteed in some EVOO) and Long grain and wild rice.  It's a great one skillet meal.  I will be making it again, soon.

I can't help but laugh a little because I would enjoy this blog so much more if I were taking a clue from Julie & Julia and cooking...and eating...my way through a cookbook.  But I guess this is a better step than those, this is for my health and for my future.  I don't want to have to be on meds for blood pressure and diabetes, but the Doc said that was the way I was headed.   I've really thought about that this weekend.  I'm already the oldest mom in Logan's Kindergarten class (yes I am, I can't think of one mom younger than me, and I used to babysit a couple of the moms or dads!)  I want to be able to do things with him, I want to be active, I want to enjoy playing with him.  

On another note, this stupid time change has really messed me up!  I'm all for longer daylight hours, but I'm not for losing and hour of sleep, especially when I don't get enough sleep at night as it is.  I wonder how many grouchy kids I'll have at school tomorrow? 

Tomorrow begins the new habit of regular exercize.  I've resisted chocolate, I can do the exercize, I actually enjoy doing things outside, so it should be an easy one....I'll let you know!

Good night.

No comments: