Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day....? I forgot.


Mom's daffodils...I love spring.

I know, I've been absent from the blog, but I have a really good reason...I've been so discouraged because of the lack of progress.  I'm trying really hard to get healthy, I'm drinking all my water, but I just don't see any progress.  It's just making me want to dive head first into a giant bag of M&M's...and chase that with a very large bowl of vanilla ice cream...no, make that Moose Tracks ice cream...the kind with the little caramel covered chocolate balls, ribbons of fudge and caramel, all swirled together into a fantabulous conglomeration of creamy vanilla goodness. Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin.

I guess I shouldn't let myself get totally discouraged, at least not for a few days, Aunt Flo came to visit yesterday.  I don't like her, I really wish she wouldn't come to visit me anymore.  She always brings with her her evil brother, Sciatica, and that whiny first cousin, Crampy.  Not a fun family reunion, but I have medicated myself with some new Midol PM, so things should be better tomorrow.  Maybe the bloating will be gone and I'll feel like I've actually lost some pounds.

On another blog (Megon's/Oliver Lane) the question was raised about make up.  Do you wear it?  My answer, absolutely.  I don't want to put others through the horror of seeing me sans makeup.  I have, however, changed brands, I now wear (exclusively) Bare Escentuals. (Hey Leslie, if you read this throw me some free samples....like Leslie Blodgett would read my blog....hey, a girl can dream can't she?)   I'm still hoping I'll see the DIY Yard Crashers guy and get to bring him home for a complete landscape makeover....or maybe even Desperate Landscapes....I'm not picky.

Oh, we had a little excitement over the weekend.  Late yesterday afternoon a freakishly sudden storm blew up, and I decided to take a few pictures.  I am not a huge fan of storms, but the clouds were pretty cool looking.  I did realize as I was being pelted by rain and wind, that I do NOT want to pursue a career in storm chasing.  Maybe I'll just take a few quick shots from the safety of my own porch.

Storm clouds coming in fast.
The advancing front.  Those clouds were hauling it across the sky


The back of the front.  Notice the clear skies way back on the horizon.

No comments: